Happy new year! 2013 arrived in style accompanied by the soundtrack of SingStar Take That performances fuelled by fizz, White Russians and an endless supply of delicious pork snacks.
At 2 o’clock this morning, it seemed like THE BEST idea to head down to the Brighton Pavilion ice rink today, but fast forward 8 hours and it didn’t seem so clever with heavy heads and hoarse voices. A trip to the outdoor ice rink is a festive pilgrimage I didn’t get round to making before Christmas thanks to my month-long chest infection, but now I’m fighting fit and ready to Torvil & Dean it. But some time other than today in particular.
The first day of 2013 was a beaut in Brighton – not a cloud in the sky and the sun flooding into every room in the house. If only all of January could be like this. It’s a tough month to get through is January, and I’m not looking forward to taking all the decorations down this weekend at all, but for the next three days it is still Christmas in this house, so I plan to cram all the possible Christmassy things left to do/consume in the next three days.
Christmassy things to do in 3 days:
- Eat the bag of chocolate coins from the Christmas tree
- Watch Gremlins
- Serve Christmas coffee and turkish delight after dinner
- Play board games and drink port
- Wear a new fragrance and clothes I got for xmas
- Have a cheeseboard every night for supper
- Catch up on about seventeen hours of Eastenders Christmas specials
- Use up the last of the crackers and wear the hats all evening
January is prime time for Christmas 2013 bargains, particularly decorations, lighting and giftwrap supplies. I’ll check in again this week with a round up of what I’ve found (squeezed in two trips to the January sales before January even got here) and some awesome pieces to snap up.
Happy three day week everyone!