Planning our trip to Walt Disney World in December this year has become new hobby of mine, reading up on all the extra cool parades, parties and shows laid on at Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom. There’s all the hotel resorts to explore along the monorail, taking in the typically Disney bonkers Christmas decorations like the Grand Floridian’s giant, edible ginger bread house. Plus there’s a stack of super cute Disney Christmas merchandise that will be coming home with me (guess what you’re all getting for Christmas this year you guys!).
I don’t want to miss a thing, so I’ll be sharing some brief guides to the awesome things taking place to make a Christmas in Disney World Bucket List.
Here’s how that list is shaping up so far (links will be added as posts publish):
Christmas at Magic Kingdom
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
- Wishes Fireworks
- Main Street Electrical Parade
- Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade
Christmas at Epcot
Christmas at Hollywood Studios
Christmas at Animal Kingdom
- Mickey’s Jammin’ Jungle Parade
Must-Dos at Disney World
- RIDE ALL THE RIDES! TWICE!
- Get mum to go on Tower of Terror (it’s nicer than it sounds mum)
- Take a “Beer Flight” in the World Showcase
- Join an Animation Academy class at Hollywood Studios
- Tell Aladdin he is a “street rat” and see what happens
- Challenge Gaston to an arm-wrestling match (does he fight girls?)
- Make it in time for the opening ceremony at Magic Kingdom
- See all the crazy birds at Flights of Wonder
- Make a request to the Dapper Dans
- Go bowling at Splitsville
- Have dinner at Be Our Guest
- Watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks from the Polynesian beach
- See Cirque du Soleil
- Win win win at Winter Summerland crazy golf
- Take the ski lift up to the crazy water slides at Blizzard Beach
- Go to the House of Blues Gospel Sunday Brunch
- Do all the Christmas shopping in World of Disney (yeah I’m probably just going to go ahead and keep all that stuff for myself)
- Just eat snacks for a whole day
- RIDE EVERYTHING AGAIN! TWICE!
Oh my god there is so much I’m going to do! It’s going to be AWESOME. I am literally wishing the year away so it can get here and be December already. Literally, wiiiissssshhhhh, see?
So the Disney blogging crowd is a pretty fun bunch. Here are my faves:
- easyWDW – he’s so sassy, my favourite read of the lot. Amazing touring plan advice.
- Disney Tourist Blog – incredible photography by Tom Bricker and really detailed trip reports
- Disney Food Blog – if there’s a new sprinkle on a cupcake, these guys have it covered. Disney World is a gourmand’s theme park in dining adventures alone.